Issues related to internet usage –
- WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MAIN ISSUES (AREAS OF CONCERN) RELATED TO GENERAL INTERNET USAGE?
- 1 – Addiction – in the UK 2 in 5 of us recognise that we are spending too much time on the internet but admin we can’t stop. 3 in 5 of us check the internet the first thing in a morning and the last thing at night and put this before interpersonal communication.
- 2 – We know too much but understand too little, there is so much data out there that we can never see it all, search engines put the things they want us to see first, like promotions and there partners information.
- 3 – Privacy, thousands of cookies track us were every we go and then our mobiles log data. Every year we leave about £5000 worth of internet online.
- 4 – Online crime, on twitter 10000 users of racist slur terms per day, and 69% of young people in the uk have experience cyber bulling
SOCIAL MEDIA –
STUDY THE STATISTICS BELOW FOR FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM USAGE.
- FACEBOOK Statistics –
- 01 billion daily active users on average for September 2015
- 894 million mobile daily active users on average for September 2015
- Approximately 83.5% of our daily active users are outside the US and Canada
INSTAGRAM Statistics –
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE WORLD POPULATION USE THESE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES? –
- World Population Clock: 7.4 Billion People
- UK Population: Approximately 65 062 000
- Facebook – 25.7%
- Instagram – 5.4%
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MAIN ISSUES RELATED TO SOCIAL MEDIA USE? –
- 1 – Cyber bulling
- 2 – Addictive
- 3 – Mental health
Internet regulation is basically restricting or controlling access to certain aspects or information. Internet regulation consists of: Censorship of data, and controlling aspects of the Internet such as domain registration, IP address control and more.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE LEGAL & ETHICAL ISSUES RELATED TO THE INTERNET? –
- Cyber-sexism/sexual harassment